August 13, 2008 marked a day in Bishop Luers High School history. The first graduating class from Bishop Luers High School, Class of 1962, gave a special welcome to our 50th class of freshmen. The Class of 2012 were greeting by Mary Jane Millikan, Class of 1962, and Roseann Simmons with a t-shirt marking our 50th Anniversary. All students and staff received the 50th Anniversary t-shirt to wear at several events marking Bishop Luers High School's Anniversary.
Bishop Luers High School was founded in 1958 by the Franciscan Fathers of the Saint John the Baptist Province in Cincinnati, Ohio, along with the Sisters of Saint Francis Province in Mishawaka, Indiana. John Henry Luers, the first bishop of the diocese, is the namesake of the school.
The mission of the Bishop Luers High School family is to create a Catholic educational community that instills in each student the qualities of faith, respect, and responsibility necessary to reach his or her God-given potential spiritually, academically, and socially. This maturity nurtured by Catholic truths will enable each graduate to face the challenges in his or her own life while serving God and others in a changing society.
We are the light of the world!